On a positive note, I finally got to go out with my elusive crush that has stood me up TWICE! It was completely last minute. He texted me in the afternoon to ask if I could sneak out for a little bit in the pm.
Since I have the mentality of a 15 year old, I told my mother that one of my girlfriends was in town and wanted to catch up.. and could she babysit after they're asleep so I could go out. She agreed with pleasure (anything to get me out the house, I'm sure!)
So we did.. I got the boys to bed, put on my best "trouser cut" short shorts with a sweater, denim jacket, and was on my way. Show off the freakishly long legs with the short shorts, and give a sense of the real me with the sweater and denim. I was ready.
As soon as I walked in the bar, I saw him and knew him right away. Like a gentleman, he stood up as I approached him. We shared a hug and a kiss and I ordered my drink. He is super layed back, and comfortable to be with. He is so friendly and unassuming. He looks you in the eye when he talks, and is just plain polite. After about an hour or so, the bar we were at started turning into a loud 20 something bar, and so we headed back closer to home to more of a hometown dive bar where we could talk.
And that's what we did. Talked. It was nice. I forgot all about that adrenaline gut feeling that is so much fun with a new man. We had some serious talks as well as some just plain fun talks. He shared some pretty personal serious information with me, which I really appreciated.. Even though I didn't love all the things he told me, I reeeeally loved the fact that he was sharing them with me. I admire honesty more than anything other trait, I think.
And then, the frosting on the cake. He kissed me while we were still in the bar. A gentle, sweet, very nice kiss. We shared a few more of those, and then made our way out to the parking lot.
Here's the best part of the story! Sitting with him on his motorcycle, making out like a highschool girl... tell me what's better than that???? ok, ok, yes, we all know what's better than that. But I'll tell you what, it was pretty fucking great.. I hope to have some more "great" someday soon. :)
He made a point of escorting me home on his motorcycle-- driving slowly in front of my truck till I got home. That stuff can't be taught. That's just a good boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment