I noticed that we were low on milk tonight after dinner. We go through a lot of milk. I was jazzed. My parents try to do their best to stock the house with the basic necessities so that that little amount I get from the ex goes further towards paying off HIS debts and what not. I very much appreciate that, except for one thing. That being, the grocery store is pretty much my only escape from the house. And I reeeally enjoy the supermarket. Pathetic? Maybe. But I am happy there.
Not so much when I have the boys with me, because then it is strictly task oriented. Grab what we need and go.
But when I get to go by myself it really is a good time for me. I miss being able to really lolligag through the aisles looking for ingredients that I've never tried before.
Food makes me happy. Plain and simple. I love the process from start to finish. I love looking at the raw ingredient, thinking about it... thinking about what might go with it.. the cleaning, cooking, plating. Every part of it.
Tonight, just milk and eggs. But I'll be back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment