I am so happy when I come across a geniunly good guy now and again. It gives me faith that they still exist. Tonight, I had a brief i.m. session with an old college buddy. I call him buddy, because that's really what our relationship was- buddies. I'm pretty sure he crushed on my roommate for a good long time, but to me, he was a really nice friend who almost always wore a smile and everyone loved. Very good looking guy-- in a J Crew, and/or Abercrobie and Fitch model kind of way. . but I don't thing he was ever aware of it, and if he was, he wasn't phased by it.
He lived on my couch for a short while my freshman year in college when he was pledging a fraternity. His pledge brothers all slept crowded together in one dorm room down the hall, but he was friendly and savvy enough to smooth talk me and my roomies to let him have our couch. OUR pleasure.
At some point, I asked him to be my date to a sorority party. I don't remember what the occasion was.. Valentines day? Random date party? I have no idea. He was a lot of fun to be around, and PW is a classically good looking guy. Longish dirty blonde hair, sparkly blue eyes.. I specifically remember thinking to myself: "well, I don't have a date, and he is not dating anyone.... I'd be an idiot to at least have the pictures of me with a really good looking guy to look back on when I'm all old and wrinkly. TRUE story. Lol. (are lol's appropriate on blogs?) But I was right. Looking back now, I love that I have pictures of me all young and in my 20's next to a tall handsome nice guy. And we did have a lot of fun.
Fast forward to now. PW now lives in (what I consider) upstate NY. He is married and by all accounts very happy. He has a daughter that is close in age to my older son. He beams when he refers to either one of "his girls" on facebook or otherwise.
He's a good man, and I am glad to know him. I have faith, once agian that the good guy still exists.
Your too kind with words.....The days at O state were brief for me and my mission to see what college was like was a success. My O state " buddies" will always have a special place in my heart and mind, what a year! ...glad our paths crossed. PW
ReplyDelete