Wednesday, December 14, 2011

He, himself, and he.

I truly never know which version of John I might get on any given day... or any given time during the duration of any given day.

I asked John to please deposit some money in my account last week.  He assured me that he would deposit a couple hundred dollars that day... ( cue the crickets chirping.....)

So I reminded him nicely about that on Monday.  "Hey, you mentioned the other day that you were going to deposit the money, but you didn't, and then it was the weekend, so, do you think you can get to that today.  (Again, crickets)
He didn't answer the phone on Monday night, or Tuesday- not even for the good night phone call with the boys.  Classic.

So today I decided to kick things up a notch with a text war.  One of my favorite past times. 
"so i guess your radio silence for the past two days is because you are leaving me broke?  i am literally begging you to give me the support check this month. I can't do Christmas without it. i have not bought ONE thing for the boys yet!"
(....chirp....)

"HELLOOOOOO????"

Finally, he replied.  "oh i thought you were at work, so i wasn't going to call.  i only worked one day last week, so i really don't have any money. i cant give you what i don't have..."

I told him that I didn't give a shit when, where, or how much (or little) he was working.  The support check is to be deposited from the monthly check received on or around the 17th of the month, NOT after he takes what he wants and throws us the scraps.  I told him that he should be living on the money he earns from his "job" (or alleged job, i should say)  and that the support check should be completely separate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------at this point, I actually had to close the laptop and zone out to the the tv for a few minutes, just to take my mind of this insanely mentally exhausting day.  <sigh>

So, the next thing to happen was that I let him know that I have to head to the ghetto of Staten Island to go the office to apply for food stamps tomorrow afternoon, and that I hold him responsible for that fact.   He told me that I can't blame him for everything.  (here comes the really good part!)-  I have to type out he actual text he sent me, because I fear that if I don't give it to you verbatim, you won't believe it happened.  So here goes:

"you can't blame me for everything, J.  I want to work on getting the family back together.  It is never too late! It is never too late!   You all could live here and it would be easier and less expensive on us as well.  We have to talk."

Whooooooa.  didn't see that coming.  So I followed up with this reply:  (also verbatim)

"Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND???  Get back together? You've seriously lost all touch with reality. You've made my life a living hell to the point where I can't even buy groceries!  When my parents leave for Florida, that means NO FOOD!"

From here, there was a little more colorful dialogue exchanged... all leading to him closing the conversation with "SEE YOU IN COURT"  which gave me the opportunity to say, "Assuming you show up this time."

And that was that.  From there, I left to pick up J from school, and move into afternoon stuff.. snacks for the fellas, words with friends, dinner prep...

While I was making dinner, my phone buzzed. A new text from John.. and this is what it said:

"I will sign the note* over to you  so you don't have to struggle.  I really do love you J, and the boys.  I hope this helps you and puts your mind at ease.  It's most important that our children don't suffer through this.  You really can have the whole thing.  I will have it signed over to you before Christmas.  I'm sorry for hurting you.   Money will come, I have always been blessed to be able to make it.  I just never want the boys to ever experience what I did growing up. Never!"

So, obviously, I'm holding my breath until that happens.  Not sure what prompted Dr Jeckle to take over, but we'll see what happens.  Court is next week.  Sure to have more nonsense to report on before then.

*note-  the "note" is the legal paperwork that dictates John's ex partner to mail out the check each month, from which he deposits my support.

No comments:

Post a Comment