I want to recant my crow eating post. Or regurgitate it, as it may be? John DID, in fact, deposit the monthly check last week. Well, ok, he deposited 80% of it. The remaining 20% was to go in this past Monday... which, shockingly, it did not. I gave it a day and a half before bringing it up. The song and dance about the cash flow at the bar, he'll get it to me asap, yadda yadda.
I'm so f'ing frustrated. I also tried to call the 401k company to check on the status of my liquidation check. After a half hour, or more trying to navigate my way through their automated system, I had to hang up because my boys were screaming at each other and the younger one was beating the older one with a plastic hammer.. but I digress.
I'm assuming that they have to close the account based on the price of the shares on the date that they received my request.. but I don't know that for sure. Every day I watch the news and panic as I see Wall St panic about the deficit ceiling etc, and the market drops points like a hot potato... Scares the crap out of me. I thought I was safe since I got my paperwork in last week before sh*t hit the fan.
I just feel like... I feel like I'm still being punished for something despite all my efforts to keep doing the right things. So many people in my position would have called it a day and declared bankruptcy a year ago.. but that's not me. I wouldn't feel good about that. It would feel like cheating. It would feel like adding fuel to the big bank and government fires. By declaring bankruptcy, isn't that forcing the bank/credit card companies to eat that debt, which they in turn look to the government for help. And then we, the tax payers pay the price. So many people are doing the right thing, and getting screwed. I feel it on a grand governmental level, as well as on a personal ex-husband level. It seems like I'm destined to get screwed.
No comments:
Post a Comment