Apparently, John is buying another bar/restaurant. I don't know how he does it. I don't know how he did it again. Last week he told me that he got a job working as a cook in an Irish restaurant through an add in craigslist. I was happy for him. I was glad that he took an honest hard working job- in the back of the house of a restaurant. The back of the house is a relatively safe(r) place to avoid temptations when you work in a bar atmosphere. You can avoid the drunks, the bookies and leeches... at least the patron drunks bookies and leeches. You will still have to contend with staff variety of these types, but at least the exposure is smaller. I learned a long time ago that a huge percentage of people in the food and beverage industry are there for the simple fact that it supports very unhealthy lifestyle choices. It's just the nature of the beast.
I called John last night to apologize for missing the boy's nightly phone call to him. Our neighbors had stopped by at bedtime, and I just forgot to call him so they could say goodnight. So I called him around 9ish to tell him it was just an oversight, yadda yadda. I asked how his new job was going.
This is when he told me that he was taking over the restaurant as owner. He already went to the city to apply for his new liquor license and everything is in the works. Wow. How bout that. There's a whole lot more that went into this conversation, and also the conversation that followed this morning.
To summarize, I questioned how it's possible that he could buy a new business just like that, but can't help me clear up all the debts that he has incurred in my name and social security number.
I'm just so tired. I'm fucking exhausted by all of this. I don't think I can even write about it much more right now because the whole thing just winds me up and gets me going again when I should be going to sleep.
Rest assured, I will certainly be following up on this story. Once I can gather myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment